Investor Relations Professional
At Lambert, Edwards & Associates (LE&A), we’re passionate about the clients we serve. LE&A is a national investor and public relations firm, with offices in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI and Salt Lake City, UT, and clients based in 20 states and six countries. We serve middle-market companies and national brands across a wide array of industries. LE&A has posted 18 years of growth, been named PR Week and PRNews Small Firm of the Year, honored as an Edward Lowe “Michigan 50 Companies to Watch” and earned Crain’s “Coolest Places to Work” award. LE&A is also a global partner in PROI Worldwide, the largest partnership of independent PR firms in the world spanning 120 cities on five continents. Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter @LambertEdwards.
We are looking for a mid-level (5-8 yrs. experience) investor relations and/or financial services professional who will be an integral part of our financial communications practice. Candidates must have a proven background of analytical excellence and strong work ethic, as well as the ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment and work within a team. Position may be located in either Salt Lake, Detroit or Grand Rapids, MI.
Ideal candidates will be responsible for providing strategic level investor relations and financial communications guidance, as well as day-to-day account execution and regular interaction with senior management of publicly traded companies and the financial community. The individual must keep up-to-date on key issues and current events for their clients, as well as generally in the financial markets and the industries they serve.
REQUIRED CAPABILITIES AND POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Must possess a demonstrated ability to manage investor relations programs across a variety of industries and market capitalizations
· Exhibit strong critical thinking and financial acumen, excellent verbal/written communication, as well as superb presentation and interpersonal skills
· Experienced in financial modeling, competitive analysis, and strategic message development
· Provide tactical support to team members as needed, including conducting research for new business pitches, press release distribution, webcast logistics, etc.
· Possess a firm grasp of the local, regional and national business/media environments, online media and communities, as well as major stock market, business, economic and regulatory news
· Contribute to the development of a strategic plan for clients’ integrated marketing and communications programs
· Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities and lead new business initiatives
· Obtain detailed feedback from institutional investors and work with senior team members to translate the commentary into useful advice for clients
· Help research and implement best practice policies and programs
· Efficiently utilize reference tools including Bloomberg, Ipreo, etc.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of experience in investor relations and corporate communications/public relations, with experience in financial modeling and analysis
· Strong track record of winning, servicing and growing client relationships
· Credentials as a leader and enthusiastic practitioner/manager who can recognize and understand trends and best practices in IR and financial communications
· Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to stay well organized, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
· Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
· Ability to manage priorities between multiple client assignments
· Agency experience or equivalent preferred